Ambra Health (https://ambrahealth.com) | REMOTE (US), Full time | Performance/Reliability Engineer (SRE-like), Medical Image Processing and Storage
At Ambra Health we help the health care system solve complex problems with storing and sharing medical imaging data (X-rays, CT’s, etc), at locations around the world – including many renowned health centers. This involves managing a lot of medical data, getting it to the right place quickly and reliably over the Internet – some very challenging and interesting engineering problems.
We are looking for a US-based remote-only DevOps-oriented engineer to work closely with our storage and image-processing services development team. You would find ways (in hardware and software) to improve performance and reliability of those services, which manage over 10 billion images (5PB) in the cloud and in data centers around the world.
The ideal candidate would be able to work independently with minimal supervision, seasoned to make good productivity/planning decisions – but please reach out if you think you’re the right less-experienced person.
– Strong Linux system administration and diagnostic skills
– Experience operating a distributed application and diagnosing problems at the application, network and hardware level
– JVM tuning experience
– Full-stack tuning, at the hardware, OS, network and software levels
Big plus if you’ve got these skills:
– Familiarity with programming, profiling, or debugging a JVM or system language
– Experience with application instrumentation (specifying, collecting and analysing performance metrics)
– Experience with automating testing or deployment
– Experience managing cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Our hiring process is pretty painless – short introduction call, 1-hour phone call with the team to get to know each other, then (if it works for you) a paid part-time trial period to see if we like working together.
Send me an email with your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org